Monday, October 6, 2008

Our day with a dog!







So I took Hannah and Ben on a long walk today, Hannah rides her bike and Ben rides in the stroller. When we walk we go for an hour and then I reward their hard work by going to the park by our house. Well, today while playing at the park after our walk we see a lady come around the corner with a big black lab running ahead of her. Of course Hannah starts to freak out because that is what my kids do when they see animals. Not good freak out but crazy I'm so scared freak out. The lady yells, 'He is sweet, don't be scared!" Sure enough he calmed down and let us pet him. The nice lady tells us she found the dog and is not sure what to do with it. She was worried he would be hit by a car, but she could not take him home because she already has two dogs. Well, you know me, I'm thinking "I don't really care what happens to this dog, I am not taking care of it."



So we decide to go home and this dog follows us. Ok that was kind of cute but I am thinking we will go in the house and the dog will run away. As soon as I go to put up the garage door he lays down and lets Ben lay on him and Hannah sits down and starts to pet him. Ok this was really cute and I thought Ok we can hang out with him for a few more minutes. I figure out that he is really thirsty so hannah goes in to get him water. He drinks and drinks out of a bowl. And then when I look again there is Ben, drinking out of the dog bowl just like the dog. I laughed and laughed. If you don't know Ben LOVES dogs and just can't get enough of looking at dog pictures on the computer, movies, and loves to get on all fours and act like he is a dog and we pet him. So he of course is loving having a real live dog right next to him to pet.



At this point I am starting to like this sweet dog and decide he is probably hungry. My neighbors brought me some dog food and fell in love with the dog too. They said Tricia, "This is such a well behaved, trained dog. You know if you take him in the house he will do fine." So Ok I was going to post this as how cute are we we had a dog for a day. Well that was last Wednesday and we still have the dog. I have to admit I really like him. We have not been able to find the owners so I think we, yes I think I can say it....I think we are dog owners???

2 comments:

Becky said...

You forgot to mention his name!!

carey clan said...

He is really cute, but I am still confused about him matching the decor!?!