Thursday, November 18, 2010

My New Kitchen Table

Above:
This is my old Kitchen table.
We have had it a long time and the chairs never matched and we had out grown it.
And to be honest I have wanted a new one to finish off the kitchen makeover.
I learned quickly that tables are expensive!


Below:
The Table I have had my eye on and have really wanted!

My Brother in law is a furniture dealer and I had picked out this table for my kitchen but it would have 8 chairs. His dealer price was about $750.00, which is a great price but I just could not bring myself to buy it.

I decided I would look on Craigslist and see if there was anything I could find.
I have been looking for about 3 months and feeling like I was going to give up and buy the 400.00 table they sell at Ikea with no chairs and just use the chairs I already had.
Until Yesterday!

This is the beauty I found on Craigslist!
And the price for this table....
drum roll please....



$150.00
I LOVE IT!
It goes with my new kitchen so beautifully and it is huge, 106 inches to be exact. It came with 8 chairs and all the chairs fit compfortably around the table. When friends or family come we can add 4 more chairs to sit 12!
Craigslist...I love you!

9 comments:

Becky said...

WOW!!! What a find! I love it!

Natalie said...

That is awesome...match.match!!! Craigslist gets me in trouble!

Meggara said...

yeah yeah you won!!! it looks great!

Stacee said...

What a deal! New paint job, new applainces, beautiful new table for a STEAL.... brat! ;) I love it, and it is the perfect addition to your new kitchen!

Todd said...

You go girl, thats awesome!

Nora Mair said...

so amazing. Three months eh? I'll keep going on KSL then. I really need a new table. What an awesome find.

Carrie said...

Good find...you have a whole new kitchen!

Googs said...

That is awesome, what a great find. Patience is worth it, I guess. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

You are a financial wizard my sweet friend. I wish I had your gift! Love the table.