So I co-run a fruit and vegetable co-op. There are 12 ladies in our group and every two weeks we take turns going to the Dallas Farmers Market, where we purchase all of the produce for cost. I take a turn going to the market every 3 months. I thought I would share with everyone how awesome this is so that you could start a co-op in your neighborhood. Each person pays 20.00 every two weeks and every two weeks every member of the group gets a large bin of fruit and vegetables. With growing food prices this makes 20.00 go really far. We got lots of carrots, celery, and onions, so I decided to make soup starters. Each bag has equal parts of all three. Now that fall is here, when I want to make soup all the chopping has been done for me! Produce day is turning into one of my favorite days!
1 comment:
That is so great! Look at you go and be so domestic! Tami VanHoy would be so proud :}
Post a Comment