We celebrated Hannah's 5th birthday today. We started our day by having the Gandy's over for breakfast. When we asked Hannah what she wanted for her birthday dinner she said, "Waffles and sausage." So I decided to have a birthday breakfast. We had our traditional Christmas casserole and the waffles and sausage she requested. The Gandy's brought over their Karaoke game over and my kids loved playing that after presents and breakfast. Later that day our friends the Fenn's invited us to go with them to go to Arlington to attend their old Stakes large Christmas display. We took the 45 min. drive all of us going in their 15 passenger van. Their old Stake does the most amazing display. Room after room of nativity scenes. I don't know how many there were but it had to be in the thousands. The chapel was my favorite. They had garland dressed on the walls and trees on the top landings. The tabernacle choir was playing on the large screen. This is their Stakes missionary effort of the year. The hallways were lined with our beliefs and they had large cutouts of the Savior throughout his life. The spirit was so strong that you really felt the true meaning of Christmas. They had costumes there and all the families could have their pictures taken, it was so fun!
After the Creche we all went to CiCi's pizza and had so much fun together with our good friends.I think Hannah had the best birthday ever!
7 comments:
Happy 5th Birthday Hannah! I bet that breakfast was awesome!!! Dale you look hot!!
Rick
Happy Birthday Hannah!! What a fun birthday...what a cute family nativity picture--Trish you should totally use that for a Christmas Card pic!
Great picture. Yeah, Dale, you do make quite a handsome shepherd.
What a great time! I remember the creche display in McKinney, it was so nice. What fun to get a picture all dressed up! You guys look great.
Ginger
I love the family picture. What a neat thing for that stake to do.
Happy Birthday Hannah!
Decided to read my kids blogs today. I enjoyed our chat last night. I know it's hard for my Texas, Seattle & Taiwan kids to be so far away from home at this time of year. Well, it's also hard for us. The party's and get togethers aren't complete without everyone there. Trish, what a beautiful family! Loved your blog. The girls look so cute in their glasses. That foot is gross though. Momma Jan
Hey Braunersrithers. I'm impressed. What a great bit of history and family lore. Heavenly Father continues to amaze me as to the wonders he provides for his children. It causes me to wonder what he has in store for the next generation. Everyone looks sooo good. Now that I know how to find you I'll be looking to see how the new year treats you. Love you. Dad
Post a Comment