How are all of you? I hope good! Grandma & Grandpa's visit sounded like such a great time! I'm sad I couldn't be there to enjoy all the festivities but I bet you liked having Grandma and Grandpa all to yourself! I hope school is treating you well, I know some times it's hard to get into the swing of things but after about a month or so - things usually work themselves out. That is how it kind of is here at the MTC - The first few days felt so long and it was hard adjusting to the schedule but after that it has just flown by! I can't believe I've almost been here 8 weeks. It's so crazy. It makes me kind of scared to go to Taiwan because I don't feel comfortable with the language at all. But the Lord knows I've tried my best & He will make up the difference. I hope you feel that way too - that Heavenly Father loves you and so does Jesus Christ. Sometimes they ask us to do things that seem too difficult or beyond our capabilities. But they do that to show us that we need their help, and when we turn to them, they can help us do anything and everything. Whether it be starting High School, getting baptized, learning multiplication, swimming at the pool, or serving a mission, or even saying a prayer when you would rather not. Whatever it is they are aware of it and want to help us. One thing I have learned here though, is that you must do your part too. We must pray, read our scriptures and make good choices so we can be worthy of the Spirit and Their blessings. I talk to a lot of people who call about free videos who don't know about the gospel. They seem so unhappy and lost. We are so BLESSED! I can't get over how blessed we are to have such wonderful, righteous parents. Mickayla, Haylee, Madi Hannah and Ben - YOU ARE SO BLESSED TO HAVE WONDERFUL, RIGHTEOUS PARENTS!!! I know you are young, but you must recognize that you are so blessed. i bet sometimes it's hard to be one of the only Mormons and have your friends not understand your beliefs. But be strong, and be a good example! Heavenly Father needs you to be valiant he needs you to stand up for your values, he needs you to obey our Mom and Dad. It will be hard but you will be so grateful you did. I think about all the things I "missed out" on and now that I look back I'm so grateful I did. Rules and commandments are there for our happiness and safety. Try to remember that when it's hard. I've thought a lot about your family motto, "Be where you're suppose to be when you're suppose to be there" and it's perfect. Think about that and follow that everyday. Oh man I know growing up can be hard, but so much easier when we are obedient. I don't really know why I wrote any of that, sorry if it seemed a little strange. I must have felt it needed to be said. I just think about where you live and have so much respect for all of you. Thank you for your example, over the years, it has definitely helped me. Trish - I just want to say I love all of your dear elder notes so much! They make me laugh. I loved the married bliss story, the 8 x 10 story, eating at Sam's club, sam moons, and all the other updates. Keep em coming! Thank you for remembering me, I know life is crazy and it means so much to me hear from you every once and a while. Madi, I'm so proud you got baptized! I hope you wrote down your feelings so you can always remember how you felt. i wish I would have done that. Well girlfriends and boyfriends I just love you so much! Thank you for being my family! I'm grateful I get to be with you forever! Remember, the Lord plus one equals majority! Never be afraid to stand up for what you know is right! Even if you're the only one standing. Sorry if that was cheesy, but it's true. I love you all! Be Good! Sister Sollis
PS Everyone give each other a kiss and hug for me K
No comments:
Post a Comment