Saturday, October 11, 2008

Sollie has been GREAT for my Kids!





So I just have to talk about my dog, Sollie. I know not really important but he is my new baby for now so lots to say about him. He has been so good for my kids. Today we left him home in his crate and I took all the kids to Petco to get him a Kong (a toy you stuff with Peanut Butter that they have a hard time getting to so it keeps them occupied for hours). We are leaving him for the first long stretch since we got the crate. The Kong will keep his mind occupied.

Ok to the actual story...




When we show up at Petco we see 12 or more dogs outside the Petco and they are all labs. Normally my "crazy can't stand dogs" kids would have been screaming that they did not want to get out of the car. But today because of Sollie they were screaming, but with excitement. "Look Mom, lots of Sollie dogs, can we pet them, PLEASE!" We spent more than 30 minutes with the dogs that were not in crates but on leashes. They petted and loved each one, wanting to know each ones name, and asking me if we could keep their favorites. Come to find out that Fort Worth's Lab Rescue was at Petco looking for homes for all of the Lab's. I did really like one named, Klover, but you know one dog in our home is plenty!

I decided after this experience today that Sollie is good for us and we are keeping him for sure!

3 comments:

Ahnah said...

Thats so great! I love his name too. My kids want a dog so bad but Preston and I are so allergic to animals. Ben looks cute in a cage ;)

Natalie said...

Your blog brings me great joy! Sollie makes me laugh how he has managed his way into your family. keep the stories coming!

Braunersrither Family said...

HA! HA!HA! He makes me laugh to the other day he jumped on the couch geting some food he saw he got stuck.HA! HA! HA! He was so funny.Dont you love him.
TO:co-9z