Yesterday was so wonderful with the birth of little Thomas. Then today I got a text from Rob that Dad fell. Rob was helping him to the chair but Dad’s body buckled and it was impossible for Rob to catch him. Rob texted me and just felt so horrible.
Dad wanted to stay there and not get up. They covered him up and he took a nap right on the floor.
He stayed there 30 minutes then I got this picture from Rob. They had helped him get back in the chair.
I asked Rob, “Is he even in there? Rob replied, “Trish he is half way to heaven.” My spirit knew he was right. Rob always tends to know things before the rest of us. It’s happened many times over the years. I tell him it’s his spiritual gift.
He then preceded to tell me that he discussed with Rick and Mom how do they help Dad die with dignity? At this point they had no idea. My mind was trying to catch up! We went from the decision to move him off hospice to home heath because he was doing so good to now his body declining fast.
(Now we know his liver was failing, toxins were in his brain and throughout his body. He had all the signs). Radiation recall is horrible.
This is a picture that Dad drew so he could show Mom where his pain was. It really shows how his brain is struggling.
Rob said that Mom had felt bad that his siblings have not got to come see him. Life with Dad sick was crazy and company always felt hard. We also thought he was getting better so we always wanted company to wait for a bit. Now she knew he needed to see his siblings. They were called and ask to come and give Dad a blessing. They all dropped everything and were there right away. I love my Aunts and Uncles. Kim was there when they arrived and took pictures. She said when they arrived he recognized them. He even tried to make jokes and tried to show them his feeding tube.
While looking through pictures I blew some up. You can see how pleased Dad was to see his siblings. Oh how he loves them.
They gave Dad a beautiful blessing. Uncle Larry gave the blessing. He blessed Dad that the things that are hurting him will stop and that he would be able to enjoy the holidays. His brothers came to his aid and it was just beautiful. As they say their goodbyes I can’t help but tear up. Rob, Rick, Kim, and Mom said they could feel others in the room. Heaven started to feel close.
They also gave Mom a blessing. Our sweet Mom who is a super hero in her own right. She has fought side by side with Dad for 4 years. She has been a beautiful example of Christ like love to all of us.
All the siblings not there were able to listen to the blessings on Kim’s phone. I’ve never been more grateful for technology.
After the blessings Kim showed Dad that we were all on the phone. He recognized us and smiled then waved. It was wonderful! (This would be my last interaction with him).
Haylee and Jesse stopped by to drop off their car and they got to say goodbye before they left for their flight to Texas. What a tender mercy.
Haylee told me this about seeing Papa Tom, “Jesse and I walked in and saw grandpa. Grandpa first saw Jesse and very quietly said “hi Jesse” and Jesse hugged him and grandpa was barely able to put his arm around him. That basically took all his energy so when I went to give him a hug I don’t even know if he knew I was hugging him.” She also told me, “This visit was hard because usually Jesse and I just sit with grandpa and talk with him but he had no energy to talk.”
Dad was moved to the chair in the kitchen so the fireplace could be finished. He had stared at the unfinished fireplace for months, it was almost done. My siblings and I feel that he was holding on until that project was finished!
After seeing Dad’s condition I asked Dale if he would move my ticket up so I might be able to say goodbye. Of course he said yes and he made that happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment