I can't remember the last viewing I attended.
When you live far away from family and you have always lived in young wards, there are no viewings to attend.
When you live far away from family and you have always lived in young wards, there are no viewings to attend.
So I almost forgot that this is something you do when someone dies.
I was shocked at how many people came.
Person after person would tell me what a good friend and listener my Dad was to them.
I don't know why that was surprising to me?
Of course he was!
He was always that kind of a friend to my kids and I so it only makes sense that's who he was to everyone he ever came in contact.
Like Scott said in a FB post, "If my father in law met you he loved you."
This picture was at the end of the night and I just wanted to tell Dad what a great evening it was and so many people came for him to show their love.
Which is all silly because I'm sure he was there.
I can't imagine he will ever miss a family gathering where his kids are together.
Look at how beautiful my momma looks!
She was so strong the whole night.
What I didn't know is people come to viewings and funerals and they are so sad and upset.
It's the families job to comfort them and be strong for everyone that comes through the line.
My Mom did just that, even though she has had very long days for months, she is amazing.
I know she ached the most.
Little Stella.
I just love her. She knew I was sad and came to stand by me.
She smiled at me like,
"you know it's going to be ok, right?"
These two kids are such troopers.
Their trip to Texas was cut short.
Haylee worked so hard on the video for the viewing and the funeral,
as soon as she arrived back to Logan.
It was a huge job and she volunteered.
That's my girl, always wanting to help.
She loves her Papa Tom and wanted to honor him.
Chad sent these beautiful flowers.
That meant the world to me.
My Brothers
I call them the line ditchers.
Watching the nieces watch the video of Papa Tom's life.
I loved watching them comfort each other, it was just precious.
I loved watching them comfort each other, it was just precious.
We didn’t bring our boys to this. I
don’t know if that was the right decision or not.
I knew it would be a long evening.
They did get to stay at Rick’s and have the ultimate gaming experience. Uncle Rick brought out a TV for each of them. My boys had never seen anything like it.
They loved having time at Uncle Rick’s house.
This is Brother Collings. His family was in our ward growing up.
He came to the viewing. He had a walker and his daughter Allison was with him. He just wept the whole time he was there. Dale was so excited to talk to him and catch up. He was one of Dale’s favorite scout leaders. It meant the world to Dale he came.
(Two weeks later Brother Collings passed away).
My Dad looked amazing.
He looked better than the days leading up to his passing.
That was a blessing for all of us.
Mickayla was so grateful that God was in charge of all the timing.
If she would have had Thomas any later she would not have been able to attend.
God took care of all the timing for all of us.
I look back at that and feel God's love. I worried about the details as soon as I knew Dad's health was declining fast.
We were having a new baby, Haylee and Jesse were coming to Texas for Christmas.
It all felt like to much.
I put it in God's hands and he took care of all of it.
What my Dad valued the most on this table outside his family of course,
are his scriptures.

When we left the viewing I really hated that we just left Dad there. I know that is so silly.
When we left the viewing I really hated that we just left Dad there. I know that is so silly.
But that's how I felt.
I hated we had to leave him behind.
No comments:
Post a Comment