Sunday, February 24, 2019

A new kitchen

Jacob arrived Sunday night.  I’m not sure how it came up but I had mentioned to him I really wanted to change my backsplash to look like the one he did in his home before they sold it. 
Jacob is awesome!  
Wednesday we went shopping for all the supplies then he started knocking down the tile!   

While at Home Depot I broke down for a bit.  
That was my first Home Depot trip since Dad’s passing.  
I loved doing projects with my Dad.  Through this whole project I thought about him often.  Jacob was awesome and would listen to me talk about him and the way he would do things. 
 Jacob is a good listener.  
I love that he is here and we are getting to know him better.


It was a much bigger pain than we had expected.  It was so hard to take down the smaller border tiles.  We ended up cutting away the drywall and then doing lots of patching.  You can see some of the horrible holes in the picture above. 
So Thursday we spent the morning pulling off tile then headed to Home Depot for dry wall and then spent the rest of the day patching. 
 Finished all the clean up around 8:00.


Look at this!  
Just having the old tile down and having the walls already looks better! 
My kitchen is already lighter and brighter!  

Friday we took a break so all the dry mortar wall could finish drying.  I spent the day in the temple.  It was really nice.  I received word that Grandpa Moon might be passing away so a temple trip is just what I needed.
This picture was taken before he took a turn for the worse.  My name given to me at the temple was Emma.
That felt like a blessing.



Saturday was 
TILE DAY!
It was a family affair!  
Jacob and I laid the tile, Dale cut the tiles, and Madi put the putty on the back of each tile.  
There was lots of 80’s rock to listen to.  
It took us from 10-3:30.  
Then we took a break then we grouted at 8 at night.   I loved working hard and having a beautiful finished project.  






I am just so happy with the final product!  
It’s just beautiful!
Here is the before just so we don’t forget how bad it was!

AFTER!
Getting rid of all that brown that never went with my gray floors just was exactly what my kitchen needed. 
Jacob and I are already discussing our next project!  
Stay tuned!




No comments: