This sweet boy is Kaden which means “Warrior.”
He sure lives up to his name!
Kaden has Lymphatic malformation of the head and neck that they discovered while his Mom was pregnant with him. Kaden had a large what at the time they thought was a tumor like growth growing inside him. They quickly learned more clearly what it was and that the only team that could safely bring him into the world and remove the mass would be a team of Doctors in Houston. So he was born in Houston not Dallas. So now every few months his mom needs to take him to Houston for follow up appointments. He has Dallas doctors but he needs to still be seen by his amazing team of doctors in Houston.
Because he has a trachea his mom has to periodically suction him. So she needs a driver so she can sit by him and take care of him. So I have been able to be the driver on these long trips to Houston. Which I love!
Kimberlee is his mom and we are dear friends. She has to keep Kaden’s world small because of his risk of getting sick, so I’ve always been so grateful that Kimberlee has let me in and serve when I can.
I love Kimberlee and I love Kaden so these trips are always a win win!
Usually we drive down one day and stay in a hotel and drive back the next day. This time we needed to do the trip in one day. Kaden is awesome and did it! Even though the poor guy got so car sick and threw up many times in the car.
He was still a little trooper!
This was a long day but it was just what I needed. Kimberlee is a good listener and she let me just ramble and ramble. Kaden is always so wonderful to be with. This trip was even more fun because he is now walking, running, eating, and drinking! All things that he was not doing last time we did this trip last June. I had so much fun running down the halls of the doctors office while we waited for doctors to come.
He is just pure joy!
Kimberlee is always so grateful I go with her and makes a big fuss that I’m willing to go. What she doesn’t know is I enjoy every minute. I’m so grateful for Kimberlee! She has a big life with some big challenges. She is amazing and always sees the good in every situation and lives her life that way. It’s always a blessing to spend time with her!
Kaden’s amazing miracle is told here if you want to read more about him.
No comments:
Post a Comment