Saturday, January 26, 2019
Part of a new club
So I’m officially part of a new club. The club of those who have lost a parent. It’s so interesting to me that so many of my ward members and friends I come in contact with don’t ask me how I am and if I’m ok. It’s like I’m supposed to already be ok. Some have not even brought it up at all, like it didn't happen. And I’m like “I LOST ONE OF THE DEAREST PEOPLE IN MY LIFE AND I’M NOT OK!” The Savior is helping me with this though. I’m learning that until you are in the club you don’t get it. And even if you are in the club you may not know how to reach out and that’s ok. I do have friends who do get it even though they are not in the club. I truly want to be a better friend to anyone who has lost a parent because before I joined I didn’t get it either. So when friends do reach out it means the world to me. Today Madi and I went on an evening walk. While out we got the mail. This sweet note came from a dear friend who isn’t even in the club. Her words meant so much. She has lived in my ward for years and even when we moved the boundaries changed and she also moved to the new ward. She has known Dad for years from his visits. This is the type of friend I will strive to be when others grieve. The baptismal covenant is so powerful. Just show up for people when they are sad!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment