Monday, January 28, 2019

Sometimes I’m not so smart and good news about Sam!

I totally burned my hands.  I have a new air fryer that I love. I had cooked everyone dinner with it and I had pulled out the trays so careful then walked away and then turned and grabbed it completely forgetting it was hot.  I burned both hands.  At first I put them under water thinking, “Oh they will be fine.” Oh how I was WRONG!  They were not fine!  After two hours in water and still burning I told Dale,  “I need to go to the ER or I need to get a blessing!”  I think Dale knew at that point that it was bad.  He reached out to many members that lived around us and Brother Allred came.  In my blessing what stood out to me most was Dale said, “Through this experience you will come to know your Savior better and know he loves you.”  I also had many thoughts of “Is Dad in the circle?”  I’ve made a decision about that.  I decided that any time I wonder if he is there that he probably is.  Does it matter if he is?  No!  I can feel closer to my Dad every time I have that thought so I think it’s a win win.   


This is how I looked for days.  Not being able to use my hands because the risk of infection was high if the blisters broke.  Some RS sisters in my ward gave me supplies to keep them protected.  





Madi looked online about burns right away.  I had large blisters immediately.  She said that meant they were second degree burns and the most painful.  They would take 2-3 weeks to heal.  

This was my process to shower!





Now keep in mind Dale did not bless me to heal quickly he just blessed me I would be able to tolerate the pain.  By day 4 my left hand was all healed!  On day 6 the right hand was healed.  I have read that the way I’m eating accelerates  healing in the body when injured.  So I might have healed so quickly because I’m following the Word of Wisdom that comes from him or maybe I healed quickly because of the blessing.  Either way I felt my Savior’s love through this experience.  



 We are so proud of Sam!  I got this email from his teacher today!  So proud of this kid!  His reading this year has really improved and he is always a great kid to have in class, he is obedient and never a problem.  Really a teachers dream!

Hello, 

Sam is our Writer of the Week! I am so proud of his hard work and the growth he has shown as a writer already this year! I've attached a picture of him with his certificate. Way to go, Sam!

Thanks,

Laura Garlow, M.Ed. 




No comments: