Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Graduation

When Madi was a freshman she earned her letterman jacket. At the time my dad was going through chemo treatments. We would wear socks with blue ribbons on them to support him. Madi surprised him and I with a blue ribbon on her letterman jacket. When she showed my dad that jacket he said to her I am looking forward to watching you graduate! I remember having the thought that I didn’t know if he would make it and live that long, I was hoping I was wrong and he would be there.  

After dad passed away my heart ached thinking of her graduation and that he physically would not be there.  Madi worked very hard to be the salutatorian of her class and would be speaking. I knew that if my mom could come and attend that it would totally help and help the day be wonderful.  Graduation day was a very special day. Mom woke up not feeling well and was very worried she would not be able to go. Dale gave her a blessing and what felt like a miracle at the time, she started to feel better.  
  Madi was first introduced by one of her teachers who knew her well and spoke beautifully about her.  I’m not going to lie, it felt like the Madi show a bit.  I don’t know if all the other graduates appreciated that but I LOVED IT! 

 I had asked Madi many times what her speech said.  She would not tell me.  Well now I know why.  She honored her Papa Tom.  Through him and his lessons she encouraged her class to live their best lives. She spoke so beautifully about her grandpa and conversations they had.  I could feel my dad was there and I knew he was honored and felt loved by all of her kind words.  It was such a beautiful day.  Jill and the kids came and Ms Fox even came.  It was just the best day.  Having my Mom there was everything I needed it to be.  She is such a strength to all of us.





















No comments: