Monday, November 10, 2008

Watching History in the Making....

Watching History be Made!
I don't think it matters who you are or how you voted.  I think it is amazing that we got to be a part of such a special time in American history.  Barack Obama will be our first African-American President of the United States of America.

I have tried to explain to my girls how amazing this is.  This was an opportunity that we talked about slavery, voting rights for all people.  Even how there was a time that black little girls were not allowed to play with white little girls, or live in the same neighborhood, or attend the same schools, that is all unbelievable to them.
They have learned about Martin Luther King Jr. in school, it was neat to discuss with them how he probably feels looking down on this moment in history!
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character." 
Martin Luther King Jr.



 

1 comment:

MicknRindy said...

Well said, I concur...
We miss y'all! - Rick