On the plane and ready to go!
Once we got to SL we spent the night with Grandpa and Grandma and then bright and early we headed out to Rexburg. Mindy, Becky, and Emmy came along.
I was a little nervous to be riding without a male in the car but Mindy eased my mind
when she came packing. :)
Did I mention it was my Birthday?
This will always be a birthday that I will never forget!
We made a stop in Malad to see Grandpa Moon. We did get to see Aunt Jeri, but we missed Grandpa he was already out working when we arrived. He didn't know we were coming, or he would have waited to head out. We stopped first for lunch at the "The Dude Ranch" and had a super yummy breakfast.
Becky read to us from this little book.
Then we stopped at baby Kevin's grave. What a special place, there is a sweet feeling there. We all got teary being there, Emmy cleared the headstone so we could see it. Baby Kevin and the lessons we learned because of his life will always have a special place with all of us.
Finally we arrived in Rexburg, after doing some shopping we arrived at Mickayla's dorm. All the packing and hording of kitchen items finally paid off when we loaded her kitchen. So fun to see her through this whole process, she loved every minute of it and her excitement could be felt by all of us.
Her cousin Emmy really wished she was staying.
I wish she could have stayed with her too, it would have helped me feel a little better.
Becky and I had to go down memory lane for a bit.
This is the spot where Dale told me he was falling in love with me and we made out.
This is Becky's dorm from her first year at Rick's College.
Funny how she look exactly the same.
It was time to say goodbye.
I was excited and sad all at the same time.
I think it was a right of passage for me too.
It makes me excited to take each of my girls to school and watch them take this right of passage too.
Thanks to Mindy, Becky, and Emmy for coming and spending this special day with us.










No comments:
Post a Comment