Saturday, January 19, 2013

20th Anniversary Cruise


We picked up Megan from the airport on the day before we were to be on the ship.
I was so excited to see her I could hardly stand it.
I loved every minute of the time we got that day and evening catching up.
I didn't really even want to leave, I could have spent the week with her but that would have made my hubby a little sad.

We had to Facetime with Mickayla, it was super fun.

On Sunday Morning Dale and I had to leave at 5 in the morning so we left before anyone was awake.
It was fun to get updates from Megan on our way to Galveston that they made it to church through all the fog, and even arrived early.  Not bad for a new "Mom."
These are the only pictures I have from the entire cruise. 
This was the first day on the boat.
Dale didn't waste anytime getting his ice cream and french fries.
I enjoyed Hannah's Kindle that she let me borrow for the week.






It is so fun to have cruising friends.
And these are a few pics of what was happening while we were gone.  Sam had the Disneyland life with Aunt Megan taking him to the park EVERYDAY.  Ya I don't do that. :/
All the bliss ended when Sam turned on his stubborn side and would not bike home. 
Sorry Megan, I know that was torture trying to get the dead weight 45 pound toddler home.

Megan learned that Sam's mood can change on a dime. 
 Happy one minute, the next so sad.

Video games, movies, Chinese food restaurants.... I told you Disneyland life with Aunt Megan.



Look how great they all look?
Alarms didn't go off and they all woke up at 7:50 and had to leave by 8:00.
They were even on time.
Not bad Meg, not bad.

We are home!
I was so excited to hear every detail of Megan's week.
I have never been so happy that Megan is a very detailed story teller than when she was telling stories about my own kids.  All my kids loved having her here and I'm still hearing stories about her stay and Sam still prays that she would come back.
We brought Megan a super fun hat back from Belize. ;)
If you ever want to watch our kids when we go on a cruise you could score one too!
After changing 400 gross large child diapers all week.
Megan discussed with Sam how wearing diapers is gross and he should really wear big boy underware.

As you can see, she got him to put them on.
(Something we have tried to get him to do for months!)
Megan has documented her whole week on her blog.
If you would like to read it let me know.
I will do more blogging about the cruise later when I have more pictures from friends.

1 comment:

Meggara said...

i didn't even know this existed I LOVE THIS. i was just thinking about that week and you and since it is after midnight here i felt like it was too late to call you so i turned to your blog instead and found so many surprises!! that really was such a lovely week.