Monday, February 9, 2009

My dream with Grandma Emmy


The other night I had a dream that I was with my Grandma Emmy. I don't really remember exactly what we did in the dream but I do remember my feeling I had in the dream of being with her. My Grandma always had a way of making you feel confident and loved. When she would look at you, you could sense that she could see the better you. I woke up from the dream and realized it was a dream and began to cry, I wanted to spend more time with her. (I am crying now just remembering the feeling) I felt so sad and even hopeless. Then I had a feeling of comfort that I will be able to see her again. How the sadness of missing Grandma would be unbearable if it were not for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I often have vivid dreams while I am pregnant and that is probably why I had the dream but I am so grateful for it. It reminded me of the love that Grandma Emmy had for each of us. Grandma Emmy... you are truly missed!

If I could have Grandma Emmy to dinner this evening, these are a few of the things I would have fun talking with her about.

Tell me all about your reunion with Grandpa Sollie!
What do you think about Barack Obama as President?
(that would be such a loaded question for her on so many levels)
What do you think about the Government bailing out everyone in America?
What do you think about President Bush?
Can you believe that my parents are probably going to pass you up with grandchildren count?
How much do you get to watch over us? Because I feel your presence often.
I would love for her to meet my kids that never really got to meet her. (Haylee, Madi, Hannah, and Ben)
Tell me the songs she use to sing to Mickayla, I can't remember them anymore.
I would tell her how every time I clean my kitchen faucet and sink, I think of her because of how she loved it all nice and clean.
I would take one more chance to share with her what a great influence she was on me and how I see so much of her in me.
Most of all I would love to watch her play "Wind the Clock" with Benjamin.

We will get to have that reunion, it just won't be for a while!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Trish, I loved this post so much! I think of Grandma Emmy often and miss her as I do all our Grandmas...I remember Grandma telling me that the most important thing you can do as a mom is be home for your children...even if you have to live off peanut butter and jam at times...anyway, thanks for your thoughts.

Good Times! said...

Trish, I just love your new pics and your comments. Ben and the dog are the best!! I can't believe you taught the dog to walk on your tread mill. The best is what you said about Grandma Emmy, it brought back so many memories. Do you care if I let your aunts & Uncles see this? Your dad is going to cry, I just know it!! Thanks for keeping up your blog, we love it!! Love you, Momma Jan

Larry said...

Hi Trish,
Uncle Larry here. I so enjoyed your post about your dream with Grandma Emmy. "Night visions" can be so powerful and emotion filled. I have experienced a similar dream myself. When I awoke I missed "seeing her" so much I just ached. I think she and other loved ones are closer than we sometimes think. Thanks for sharing your tender thoughts.

wishesUT said...

Hi Trish,
Thanks for your sweet post, it brought back wonderful memories of Grandma Emmy for me too. I hope you're feeling well soon and congratulations on having another little one on the way!
Love, Cynthia

KelliSue Kolz said...

Thank you for this post I stumbled upon. My MIL is very ill, and expected to pass within a few months, and as sad as I am for our family, I was once again reminded Families can be Forever.

www.kellikolz.blogspot.com

Chris said...

I bet you didn't think all of the far flung cousins would be reading this. It's Becky's fault. Take care.

We all miss Grandma Emmy! How could we not? What I miss(ed) was "the talk" everyone talked about getting prior to marriage. I guess that particular message wasn't intended for my ears!

Thanks for sharing. Maybe someone with skills should organize some sort of virtual/online record that we all could submit and share memories, stories, insights, discussions etc of the forgone generations.