
This year my kids got new jammies, blankets, and new fuzzie socks! It doesn't get better than new blankets!

Klover, Meadow, Madilyn and Hannah were the entertainment!
One of our favorite traditions is on Christmas Eve. Growing up in the Sollis house we always celebrated my sister, Becky's birthday, because her birthday was on Christmas Eve. So every Christmas Eve growing up Becky would pick her classic birthday dinner, Crunchy potatoes, ham and all the fixens! It was always very special. So we have continued this tradition in our own home. It has a little twist... On Christmas Eve we have Becky's birthday dinner. We always eat by candle light (Dale always complains he can't see his food), but before we eat each of us have a gift on our plate that we open. It is always our new Christmas pajamas. So we eat dinner by candle light in our jammies, it is great! We usually invite a family over to join us. This year we invited the Gandy's. It was super fun!
Happy Birthday Becky!

The 14 and older table

The kid table
We are a little out of order but I wanted to update the blog about our Christmas! I love the Christmas season. I love all of our families traditions most of all! I like Christmas morning but I find it always falls short in comparison to the rest of the Christmas season!
4 comments:
I love it!!! We do the SAME dinner in rememberance of Becky...even the cheesecake!!! We do candelight too, the missionaries LOVED it!!!
I don't remember the candlelight part, was that part of Becky's birthday dinner? Looks like it was a great Christmas Tricia!
Rob, No we didn't eat by candle light growing up. That is one of the twists we have added. You and Steph could start the tradition too!
Tricia
I am honored that you all celebrate my birthday...the candlelight is magical (as meg would say)
Post a Comment