Ben having fun with a possum and a screwdriver, what a boy!
Dale checking out the Caddo Grill!
Nemo's Post Office
Dale and I on our HOT double date with Tim and Jeni!
(We left all the kids at the cabin with Mickayla)
Dale sleeping with a Hot Dog on his head? Way to go Tim, your art is inspiring!
Madi, Haylee, and Hannah making old man faces on the porch.
This is what really made me feel like home!
The kids loved playing on the trees all day! I think this is the first time my kids have ever climbed trees!
Cutest guest house ever!
The porch goes all the way around the house, so cute, it made Dale and I want to buy the place!
Before we left for Utah the Gandys would listen to us about our plans while we were with family and would listen to us talk about my parents cabin in Midway. Jeni Gandy would tell me that she wanted to go to a place called the "Cabin." She told her husband "Tricia's parents have a cabin, and they call it "The Cabin" I want to go to a "Cabin." When we heard about this little guest house in Texas we immediately started to call it "The Cabin" and would refer to our little vacation we were planning with the Gandys, "Our Cabin Weekend."
We had so much fun, it was so much like our time we spend in Utah at my parents cabin. We played games, watched movies, my kids played outside all day. We floated down the Brazo River (I have since learned there are snakes in that river, so I don't think I will be doing that again)! We ate yummy food, spent time with our "Texas family" and of course danced and laughed a lot!
Thanks to this sweet couple for giving my family a taste of home!
1 comment:
Wish we were there to celebrate with you all. Can't believe she is already 8! Time flies.
Post a Comment