Little did I know that the world would get super crazy over the 3 days before we would leave. They told everyone not to leave their homes unless it’s for groceries, the stock market tanked, and our restaurant was told to close for take out only.
I felt very nervous to go. We even cancelled our flights the morning we were supposed to go. I called mickayla and told her we were not coming. She broke down and cried. After cancelling I sat in the living room and just felt awful. I knew that was the wrong decision. Dale tried to call and rebook our tickets with our credits. The site wouldn’t work and we needed to leave in 20 minutes. The kids were not up yet and I had wet hair. Dale said get the kids up and in the car and we will try to call and book on the way to the airport. Calling had a 30 minute wait. So that’s what we did! It felt crazy and we didn’t have a booked flight until a few minutes before arriving to the airport.
The airport had people wearing masks and gloves and people not. We were shocked to see so many elderly people on our flight.
We arrived and found out Steven’s boss was upset we did come even though we asked permission and that felt awful. That eventually got worked out but it was a lot of drama for the first part of our trip. I felt horrible putting Steven in that position.
I’m so glad we went. They needed us and we all worked hard and served for a week.
We arrived in Idaho on Tuesday. We could not go see my mom after we flew to SL because of the virus. She is in quarantine. So we shuttled to our rental and drove to Idaho. The NEXT day Utah has a huge earthquake! Yes life feels super crazy. My mom felt it the most. Now 4 weeks later she is still feeling them. Then last week Idaho had another even bigger earthquake.
This is my moms makeshift shelter if another one hits.
It truly feels like the last days and Jesus is coming. General Conference is tomorrow and six months ago it was announced that it would be a very special conference. So now we are all thinking Jesus is the guest speaker.


Haylee, Jesse, and Madi all can on Sunday to spend the day with us. We had church together and Dale FaceTime with us so we all had church together. I had not had a lot of peace with what was happening in the world and church is exactly what we needed. We even had the sacrament. It was a beautiful day.

Haylee, Jesse, and Madi all can on Sunday to spend the day with us. We had church together and Dale FaceTime with us so we all had church together. I had not had a lot of peace with what was happening in the world and church is exactly what we needed. We even had the sacrament. It was a beautiful day.
No comments:
Post a Comment