Thursday, June 13, 2013

Papa Tom! Part 1

            It all started when I arrived to church and was told by Dale that he was being called as the Second Counselor in our Ward Bishopric.  I was in shock with just that information and then Dale leaned over to me during sacrament meeting and whispered in my ear, "I would really like your Dad to come and set me apart as a High Priest."  I thought wow that is really sentimental of my unsentimental husband.  Then he leaned in to whisper, "It will make it possible that our boys priesthood line would go through your Dad."  Then the opening hymn began to play and it was How Firm of Foundation.  Talk about not being able to keep it together.  It was such a special Sunday.  One that I will never forget.  I even felt that during the hymn maybe my Grandparents were there for our special Sunday.  I sent Dad a text during the meeting and of course my Dad had the best response.  He told me he would be honored and he would do whatever he could to make it possible to come.


That was Sunday and by Thursday Papa Tom was on a plane to come see us!
Papa Tom's flight was a little late so we grabbed .50 cones at the Burger King across from the airport!

My Mom had a lot to do at home and couldn't join my Dad.
My Dad came by himself and that was new.  
We just took Dad where ever we were going and it was so great!
Hawaiian Falls


Hannah got to take her Dad and her Papa Tom to her Activity Days Father Daughter Activity


The Best Father's Day Ever....
              Dad set Dale apart as a High Priest and then got to stand in the circle when he was set apart as the second counselor. 
It truly was a tender mercy that I will never forget!

As a gift for Father's Day all the kids showed Papa Tom one of their talents....

Ben showed Papa Tom how he learned to read this year.  
He picked the longest book ever to read to him.  I didn't know that was the case until he started reading to him.  30 minutes later Ben finally finished the book and in true Papa Tom fashion he listened to every word!

All the girls played for Papa Tom.
It really was the best Father's Day ever!

No comments: