I grew up in Utah and had never gone to the 24th of July Parade, that I remember anyway.
I know that I never went beforehand and slept over to stake a spot for the next day.
I mentioned to Cheryl that I thought it would be fun to do this.
That is all it took!
Cheryl made it happen.
While we were visiting with Grandpa, Uncle Scott and Papa Tom got us a spot and Uncle Scott stayed there all day so we could have a spot.
Yep Uncle Scott pretty much makes Rock Star status after that one.
We didn't arrive until 11:00 PM.
I didn't realize that camping out meant you don't sleep all night.
Kim was aware of that and still came, Megan came too!
Dale stayed home with Sam, he wasn't too excited about any of it anyway.
I am so glad we did this, if you could have seen the cousin love that was happening.
It was priceless!
It's fun having younger sisters!
They are up for crazy stuff like this!
I'm glad Natalie's girls got to go, she just never needs to know how crazy it was there.
Every time someone would shoot fireworks I was worried it was gun shots.
Yep sleeping out for the 24th is like sleeping outside with all the people from Walmart.
Crazy!
Morning came and it was time for the parade to start. All of the party poopers
I mean rest of the family showed up the next morning.
Karter and Hannah never did sleep until about 6:00 AM.
Look at Hannah in the picture, she couldn't stay awake for the parade.
It was so fun!
I don't know we will do it every year but I'm glad my kids got to experience it!
Look who was in the parade!
Love this man!















No comments:
Post a Comment