Monday, August 17, 2009

Samuel Thomas is FINALLY here!

Samuel Thomas Braunersrither
He is finally out!
 After two hours of water broken HARD labor I was ready for him to be born!   I had so much water!  I think I had 9 pounds of baby and 9 pounds of water too!  I did think it was funny that my water sprayed the midwife when he came out, it drenched her, it even went in her mouth!  
Haylee thought she would stay in the other room the entire time because she didn't enjoy watching Ben's birth.  But this time was different she enjoyed being in the room with everyone.  What a difference 2 years makes.
Madilyn talked about being at the birth from early on.  My girls were so sweet they were very worried about me during contractions and wanted to help their Mom not be in pain.  Madi offered massages many times, she is so sweet!
One of my favorite parts of the birth is when my three girls arrived.  It really gave me that burst of energy I needed to get through the labor.  My girls have been awesome all summer, helping me with all my projects and taking good care of me toward the end of my pregnancy, it was so special to get to share the birth with them.
He totally looks like Hannah!
So happy it is all over and he is here safe and sound!
We thought he was going to be over 10 lbs, lucky for me he was only 9 lbs. 4 oz.!
All dressed and ready to go home.
He was born at 9:25 PM and we returned home at 2:30 AM.  One of my other favorite moments was when we arrived at home all the kids were in bed and I was sitting in the family room nursing Sam.  Hannah had been so sad that she was not old enough to attend the birth, she woke up and needed to go to the bathroom.  I called to her and told her I was home and I had Sam with me.  She peeked around the corner at me, trying to wake up.  She got so excited once she figured out she was not dreaming.  She ran to the bathroom and then looked at the baby and then went to bed.  About 5 minutes later she came back out and told me she could not sleep.  I told her she could hang out with me, she was super excited when she looked at Sam closely and figured out that Sam looks just like her.  
I loved spending that special time with Hannah and Sam.  

 
Thanks to all my sweet friends, Jeni, Sheree, Sandee, Suzi, and Stacee for coming and helping me have the natural birth that I so wanted, I could not have done it without all of you!     

6 comments:

Stacee said...

What a beautiful little man! His mom did a fabulous job getting him here, I must add! What a blessing to witness such a miracle and the power of a woman doing what she was created to do. Congrats!

Mary said...

I love that your girls were there helping you through your labor! What sweet, helpful girls you have. And what a handsome little man Sam is. Can't wait to meet him in person.

Becky said...

Sam does look so much like Hannah! So glad he's here safe. You do have such good girls! Sam and Ben are lucky to have such great big sisters!

Stephanie said...

We can't wait to meet him Tricia - he is so cute! Makes me want another one already... ;)

Natalie said...

Just reading your post and seeing the pics brought on the tears. It made me wish I could have been there. You are one tough cookie!!! I admire you for going all natural. That's awesome that your girls will forever have that sweet memory. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to have another boy....and then I start to cry! Can't do it!!!

Googs said...

Congrats! He looks like he belongs and what a brave, strong lady you are. Well done! Ginger