Friday, December 5, 2008




MY NEW FAVORITE TIME OF MY DAY!
So Mickayla is in Seminary now, early morning seminary.  I made it Dale's job to take her every morning at 5:30.  He hated taking her everyday, especially now that it is really cold.  He would come home and just get ready for work and go in extra early, he does not have to be to work until 8:00.  Every night he would ask me "Are you taking Mickayla to seminary tomorrow?"  My answer is always the same.  "No!"  

Ok so I thought it was crazy for him to leave for work so early.  I thought we could use that time in the morning to read scriptures.  I have wanted to change our scripture study to the mornings for years.  Dale has never been on board for that.  So I decided to strike a deal.  I made a deal that I would take Mickayla to seminary at 5:30 if when she got home at 6:30 we could have family scripture study.  It worked!  Dale loved the idea.  

Monday was our first day to try it out.  It is so great!  It brings a wonderful feeling in our home.  We pray as a family and the children are fresh and listen much better.  Scripture study in the evening for me has always been a means to an end to get the kids in bed.  Not really enjoying just trying to get it off my list so my day could be over and I could relax.  Now I feel like it is a blessing to study with my family each morning.  We laugh and visit and even exchange goodbye kisses in the morning and Dale takes the girls to school.  Usually mornings would consist of mom yelling to get everyone going and off to school on the busses on time at 7:10.  

One week of early morning scripture study and it is my favorite part of my day!  

2 comments:

Leanne said...

That is so awesome Trish. Hope that its still working after more than a week. I can relate to the reading in the evening to get it down and being less than effective, but don't have the willpower yet to get up early enough to follow your good example. :)

The Henricksen Journal said...

Ohhh! That is so great. Good job. I totally feel ya on the end of the evening routine thing. Right there with you. (And I could just hear Dale saying, "Are you going to take Mickayla to seminary tomorrow?!" tone and all...)