
Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
Apostle of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, died Monday night, age 91.
When I received the text from my Mom that he had passed away I felt sadness. I loved being related to an apostle of the church. I felt happiness for him because his wife died in 2006 and I knew that would be a happy reunion. I also thought of my Grandmother who would greet him also. I also had just studied his last talk "Come what may, and love it." I had chosen it for my visiting teaching message. It really is the best talk. It was so comforting at this crazy time. After reading the talk I chose to turn off the news and get to work in my own "family garden," there is much to do. What happens in our four walls is really all we can control. The talk brought me so much peace. Elder Wirthlin, you will be missed!
1 comment:
I saw your blog on Chad's... I realized I hadn't looked at it for a looooong time. I had forgotten that you were related. I also loved that talk. It made such a big impression on me. We did a family home evening centered around it.
I loved looking through your pictures of the kids. I don't know what was my favorite... sollie on the treadmill, dale as joseph, ben with sippie cups....... looks like I favor the boys in the family.
Post a Comment