Saturday, April 13, 2019

The Perfect Dress

When you are a Senior at Northwest high school and in the Orchestra you wear your prom dress to your final concert you also wear your prom dress to the orchestra banquet which is a mini prom for all the orchestra students at the end of the year. 
Madi is a senior so this year we had to buy a prom dress! 

Prom dress shopping is my least favorite thing to do! I love Madi and I love spending time with her but I do not like shopping for prom dresses! In Texas prom dresses and modesty do not go together.  It is a chore to find a dress that I can modify to make modest.  

Time is running out and we need to get a dress! So Madi and I started early in the day and went prom dress shopping! We went to the Grapevine Mills mall which is huge and shopped every store that had any type of dress in it. I was in complete shock of the sticker prices of the dresses! They would start at $200 and go all the way up to $1200! So after an hour of shopping I stopped and said a little prayer the same prayer that I say when my daughters get married and we need to buy a wedding dress.

 “Please help us find a dress That my daughter lives and that is modest and I can afford!”

We were so smart to start early!  It’s Prom Season and as the day went on the mall got crazy busy.  
You had to wait in line just to try on dresses!

This blue one Madi called the Anastasia dress!  She loved it and said one day she will own a dress like this and play her cello while wearing it!  She felt like she couldn’t pull it off in high school. 


This was a top runner for sure!  The beading was gorgeous!  The picture does not do it justice.  Sadly they didn’t have the perfect size for madi they had one too big and one a tad too small.



We shopped for 4 hours and we finally found the perfect dress!  AND ITS MODEST WITH NO MODIFICATIONS! All I need to do is hem it!
She said yes to the dress!  

Drum roll on price?!!!
The dress was originally $279 it been marked down to $220, it was on a rack that was half off the sticker price! 
We bought a prom dress for $110!!!
You will have to wait and see the one she picked!
(Hint it was not pictured)

No comments: