Monday, April 8, 2019

Faith to move Mountains

This past summer the spirit told me very strongly to take my kids home to Utah to see their Grandpa.  I will do a post all about that visit but I want to share one thing from that visit.  

Dad didn’t feel well most of our visit.  So he could really just visit with my kids and couldn’t do his normal playing games and puzzles like he normally would.



One of the days while visiting with all of us he talked about what it means to have “Faith that can move mountains.”  He shared that he had been thinking a lot of what that means and asked all my kids what they thought it meant.  We all gave our answers and it was a nice spiritual conversation. 

Madi and Hannah had to leave the trip early because they were going to Nauvoo.   I needed to stay longer because I was going to attend Steven’s graduation.  

While in Nauvoo Madi sent this text to Dad.  It was so meaningful to him that he wanted to send me a copy of it.  

Hey grandpa! Today with my youth we were able to go to Liberty Jail. While there I was pondering the question you had asked: “What does faith that can move mountains look like? And what does it require?” 

Hearing the stories and quotes of Joseph Smith and the men while they were there was such an example to me of tremendous faith. It made me think, if a mountain were to move, scientifically it makes sense that it would happen amongst great disaster (like an earthquake or something like that). The same is that in our lives. That’s the value of of trials. The gospel couldn’t come forth without the incredible tragedy the prophet went thought and the restoration of Christ’s Church is truly the most momentous mountain ever moved and it happened amidst the most tumultuous circumstances. 

I just wanted to share that with you and also say thank you for posing that question that helped me truly ponder and feel the spirit while in such a sacred place today. I love you💙


This was Dad’s reply....

Hi Madi, what a great blessing for you to be there in one of the most sacred places in Mormon History. Your thoughts are profound. I am so glad you shared them with me and that you your experience was added upon because of your meditation upon the moving of a mountain by faith. Now I have more to ponder as I strive to better understand the principle of faith. I look forward to hearing more of your feelings/impressions as you continue your tour of church history locations. I love you😘

Dad also gave me a blessing that I recorded that would be my last fathers blessing that he would give me.  I was very worried about the Buffalo Spot and all that comes with opening a new business.   In my blessing he told me that I had the type of faith that can move mountains.  



So I was at Hobby Lobby today looking for a cute sign to go on my new shiplap.  I wanted something meaningful.  I looked and looked but couldn’t find anything I liked.   

Then I could almost hear Dad tell me to keep looking.  Which seemed silly because I wondered why he would care about my wall hanging.  

Then I found this...




I love this.  
Yes I even looked up the scripture right there standing in the store.  

It’s perfect on my wall.


I also found this perfect little round greenery to go in the vase that I brought home from his funeral. 
 I couldn’t take any live plants but Mom let me keep a vase.  
All of it was even 40 percent off!  
Good job Dad! 





I’ve thought a lot about faith.  
My Dad had more faith than anyone I know.  
I was hoping that faith would move the mountain of cancer and heal him.  
God was moving other mountains with Dad’s faith.  
We all are continually blessed with the mountains that are still being moved because of him.

No comments: