Today was really special. It was Ben’s first time going to the temple. Dale and I loved being at the temple with three of our kids. We had to wake up at 5 AM to make it to the 7 AM session. 36 of our youth went! Many parents went because of their 11 year olds first time going. It was awesome to see the Priests baptize their younger siblings.
Before we left I told Dad we were going and asked him if it was possible that we would love for him to join us. When it was Ben’s turn to go in the font, I noticed that Hannah had an empty chair next to her, the only empty chair in the room.
I had the thought that Dad was sitting next to her.
It was beautiful to watch Ben continue on his
covenant path as he was baptized for 4 of our ancestors.
After he was done I went and sat by Hannah.
She told me she had the thought that Papa Tom was sitting next to her while Ben was taking his turn. She said the thought made her very emotional. I then knew he was there! I then thought about what a blessing it is that Dad is on the other side.
Most of the time the thought of him no longer being here physically with us stings.
But today in the temple it felt like a blessing.
Even if Dad was living and doing well he most likely would not have been in Texas today and been able to be at the temple with us. Now in his new role he can be at all the special things.
Yes, that’s a blessing that brings grateful tears.
Ben wore his Papa Tom’s tie without anyone prompting him.
My Dad is still part of our lives.
I miss him so much but finding blessings in this new normal helps my heavy heart.
Even though we finished at 9:00 in the morning
we still did our wards tradition to go to
Braum's for a double ice cream cone.
It truly was a special morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment