Years ago when I had all my extra skin removed from being over weight my awesome sister Kim came with two of her kids and took care of me for two weeks! Yes she is amazing! The deal would be I would return the favor some day. The day finally came when Kim and Scott booked a 10 day dream trip to Italy. I was so excited to come be with her kids. We live far away and I don’t get to know my nieces and nephews as well as I would like so I knew I would love spending time with Kim’s kids. Saddest part was I don’t take pictures! But here is Korbin being totally scary in his Halloween costume. No really, he is scary!
I loved being there so much and learned a lot from Kim and her family. Kim’s kids clean up after themselves without being prompted. Yep that’s I thing, I didn’t even know that was possible.
Also they rock at FHE. Their parents were not there and Korbin and Kamden each planned a lesson for their turn and they did all of that with no help or reminding from me. They also ready scriptures BEFORE school which is also wonderful. Sam has to be at school to early for that.
I came home and implemented a few of the things Kim does. It was so fun to see how her family dynamics work. I would love to do that for all my siblings. I had such special time with their kids.
Stella made daily lists in the morning so she wouldn’t forget anything!
This is her Chinese. Yep Stella is in a Chinese program at school. She is so cute when she practices all her words. Megan would come over and spend time with me and we even had a sleepover and while there she would practice Chinese with Stella.
It all cracked me up.
I sure loved spending time with this girl.
She has a heart of gold.
Such a good listener.
The other part of the trip would be to help Mom and Dad with a living room make-over. Natalie would be flying in and we were going to go to work! The plan was to take out the fireplace, pull down wall paper, pull down trim, put up new trim, and paint it all. Becky was going to be working as well. Let’s be honest. They were the power houses and I just tried to keep up! Becky was a little shocked that we were going to take our the fireplace ourselves. But Dad said he had the tools and that we could do it so we believed him!
We prayed a lot that Dad would have energy to help us. We knew he wanted to and we were really hoping God would make that happen. He sat a lot but sometimes he jumped up and would help too. This will be my last time I got to work side by side with him.
These picture are priceless.
This is after hours and hours of jack hammering by Becky. She would jack hammer, Natalie would clean the dust, and I would haul the pieces outside.
Natalie was smart to take a picture before she jumped on the plane to go home. Dad had started radiation, Dad shortly after this visit will start to decline. The aftermath of radiation is awful. You can see his one side of his face is chubby. That’s a tumor that needs to be treated.
Megan took time off work and came and worked with us. She felt even less helpful than I! She didn’t have all of our experience working at rentals with Dad. That’s a good thing and a bad thing I think?!!
This is the pic of we took right when we were all leaving. I loved spending time with sisters. We missed Kim but sometimes a girl just needs to be in Italy.
Over the weekend Kim’s kids were with grandma so I went and saw all my married kids and I loved every minute. Sadly I took no pics of that! 😞
Sometimes you feel God’s love so strongly and I definitely did during this trip.❤️
No comments:
Post a Comment