Tuesday, July 10, 2012
First Family Camping Trip
I have wanted to go camping with my kids for years. Dale has not felt the same way. So I was pretty shocked when he told me that he would like to buy a trailer and start camping. I told him lets start with a tent and see how much we like it. We bought a ten man tent and a few other supplies and went camping with friends. WE LOVED IT! Well some of us loved it. Haylee says camping is not her thing but I think that is because her best friend Ivy was not feeling well so Haylee didn't have a buddy. It did start kind of rocky. We did not even have the tent set up for two hours when a crazy hail storm came through. We all ran to the van. The kids each said a prayer and we read scriptures. Remember in Texas that hailstorms often mean tornados and we were in the middle of no where. It finally stopped to return to our tent in the dark to find our tent completely drenched. I thought Dale would want to pack up and go home but he didn't he was a trooper. I salvaged what bedding I could and we stayed. I'm so glad we did because the rest of the camping trip was great. Playing at the lake, playing baseball, campfire donuts, games around the campfire and s'mores. It was our last family outing before Mickayla left for Rob's and it was just perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










No comments:
Post a Comment